About Dr. Woerner
Marie Woerner PT, DPT, WCS, CLT graduated from the Texas Tech Health Science Center with her Doctorate in Physical Therapy in 2008. After graduating she took the advice of many experienced mentors and practiced at a busy outpatient orthopedic clinic here in Fort Worth, TX. There she had the opportunity to treat a variety of diagnosis from low back pain to turf toe. In addition to these diagnoses, many of her patients also included postoperative shoulders, knees, spine, and ankles, allowing her to develop her orthopedic manual skills and individualized practice style.
After several years treating orthopedic patients, Marie transitioned into Women’s and Men’s Health by completing an American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) approved residency. During her residency she had the opportunity to mentor with top clinicians in the North Texas area. Upon completion of her residency, Marie was offered a clinical faculty position with the University of North Texas (UNT) Health Science Center and began to develop the Pelvic Health Program for the University. During her time at UNT she was able to grow a thriving practice, as well as obtain her Board Certification in Women’s Health, making her one of the only Board Certified Specialists recognized by the APTA in Tarrant County. She also developed a strong interest in Functional Dry Needling and obtained her certification through Kineticore, where she was able to learn from many outstanding clinicians. Marie has a passion for helping others, spreading the word about pelvic health, and strives to provide exceptional care to all her patients.
Marie is happily married with 4 children who she loves to spend time with.
- Residency trained in Women’s Health
- Board certified in pelvic health through American Physical Therapy Association.
- Certified in Functional Dry Needling and lymphedema
- Held a dual appointment at UNTHSC in department of PT and OBGYN.
- Guest speaker for multiple organizations including Plaid for Women in Keller, Us TOO, Tarrant County Birth Network, and others.
- Certified in Functional Nutrition through Functional Nutrition Alliance